Search Engine

Thursday 1 September 2011

More Rome sketches - and there are still HEAPS more to post



Thursday, October 21, 2010  Getting a bit carried away with my 'favourites' from Rome - most of these are from the one day - I did 11 spreads- crazy. Did I mention that I love Rome?

0930TH_06 SM della Pace
S. Maria della Pace- this was an expensive coffee - the price for a comfortable position in Rome - trust me I didn't find many!
0930TH_08 S Ivo Dome
A Borromini building - ie. the famous architect not the famous bear. It was great in Rome - all the locals I met knew who the bear was named after!
0930TH_09 Roman Tea
This is a none architectural sketch - and funny that it is tea related!?! Just for the record this was a sensational tea shop. I didn't really like the earl grey with the orange and lime black tea and the rose petal black tea are amazing!!! Bought a tea cosy there as well- I never expected to buy a tea cosy in Rome!!!
1001FR_08 ColosseumExt
Colosseum - do I have to tell you that? ... there is something about that place. I couldn't stop sketching when I was there and now I can't stop scanning my rome sketches!!!
1001FR_09 ArchConstantine
Arch of Constantine - sitting on the ground. Thankfully there was a large bollard I could lean against and kinda hide. I don't care about people seeing me but a few times a number of tourists got annoyed that I was in the way of their photo!
1001FR_03 A Bernini Fountain
trying to find something which isn't a baroque building... how about a baroque fountain - at the base of the Spanish steps

No comments:

Post a Comment